student newspaper of Hobart High School

The Brickie Pride

Filed under Feature Stories

2015 Talent Show

Here at Hobart High School there are many talented students, and finally the time is here to showcase those them in this year’s talent show! On April 16th and 17th in the auditorium at 7 pm, students will be giving their all and performing to show just how much talent is within the walls of HHS. With all of the hard work those involved are putting forth, they truly deserve a full house.

Auditions were held on March 21st and although normally, many acts don’t make the cut, this year every single act made the show! With dancers, singers, instrumentalists, and of course the help of the wonderful MCs, this show will be one to remember! After auditions, students participating are required to attend two regular rehearsals from 6pm until 9pm after school and then two dress rehearsals from 6 pm until 9:30 pm. As one can see, those participating are committed and extremely devoted. This year’s MC’s are also working very hard to write scripts intending to entertain the audience in between acts, which is a huge responsibility! The devotion from Chris Conner, Mr. Wolff and all other students and faculty helping with stage lighting, sound, and management is truly fantastic!

Some exciting acts to look out for are Kaylee Rodriguez performing an original song, Madison Beck performing “Run to You”, Franscesca Pollozato singing and dancing to a piece from Beauty and the Beast, and the two bands: The Undecided and Sarah Coleman’s band performing her original song. Also, the two well-known ensemble groups, Wolffgang and Mystique, will make their apperences as well!

As one can now see, this show is not one to miss! Everyone involved is working extremely hard, anticipating an exciting opening night. HHS deserves to be recognized of all of the extraordinary talent its’ students have. So don’t forget, April 16th and 17th are the big nights, and we promise to entertain!