The Brickie Pride

Filed under Spotlight

Hall of Scholars: Emily Pazik

As the school year comes to an end the 2015 seniors have found out who is at the top of their class in the Hall of Scholars. A young lady by the name of Emily Pazik is one of the hard working students on there.

Q: How do you feel about being on the Hall of Scholars?
A: I feel really excited about it, it was a goal that I had ever since I was a freshmen. I jumped a lot of places. I started out as 49 so I was pretty surprised when I made it.
Q: How did you prepare for it?
A: I just kept up with my grades, studied really hard, and did all my homework. You know the typical things of being a student. I strove to get A’s and A+’s and I didn’t really accept B’s.
Q: How did you manage school and extracurricular activities?
A: That’s a good question… I’m really busy with Wolffgang and theatre so it was really hard. I remember some night in my sophomore year and junior year I would stay up really late at night doing homework because I’d get out of rehearsals really late. I just tried to do some of it before and after rehearsal and I made sure it was done before class. I think that was one of the hardest things to do.
Q: Any advice for freshmen, sophomores, juniors who want to be in the Hall of Scholars?
A: Time management is definitely one of the biggest things. It is key, especially if you want to make it onto the Hall of Scholars. I would say don’t blow off studying, you may think you will get a good grade but you won’t if you don’t study. Oh and also this has nothing to do with Hall of Scholars but for SAT’s- it’s really important that you take practice tests. I wish I did that, I would have gotten a better score.

All in all, Emily is a bright student who knew how to manage her school work, study time, and extracurricular activities. She didn’t allow herself to get bad grades and that is why she has earned herself a spot on the Hall of Scholars. Congratulations to her and everyone else who has made it on there this year.