student newspaper of Hobart High School

The Brickie Pride

Filed under Sports

Lady Brickie Softball

The Lady Bricks sadly ended there season this past Monday to Laporte at the sectional game. It was a warm cloudy day on Monday as the bricks made their way to Chesterton for the game. The game started at 12:00 , the ladies were away so they started off the first inning hitting. Earlier in the season the Brickies beat Laporte 3-0. The game stayed tight until the third inning when the bricks gave up two runs. Laporte scored two more times running in girls in the fifth and sixth inning. The lady bricks scored no runs during this game. Laporte won 4-0. On a positive note the Brickies ended their season with a winning record of 19 wins and 10 loses. It has been a great season and we wish the best of luck to the two seniors Chloe Fleming and Kerrigan Horn in their futures ahead. Good luck to all the girls playing softball over the summer and we hope to see you at tryouts for next season. Coach Wright will be at the Hobart High School softball field during the summer to hold workouts and conditioning, be sure to contact him with times and dates. One can find his email address on the school website. Go to School City of Hobart website> Hobart high school> athletics> softball> coaches. If you plan on tryout for the 2016 season the summer workouts are highly recommended. Hope to see you there!