Brickie Wrestlers Preview:

By. Brandon Marciniak

As the fall has past and winter is upon us, a new sport is on the horizon already well into its body of work. Usually, the talk of the town of Hobart is Football. How can it not be? But the past couple of years there’s a new program back on top and ready to take on not only the Region but the state of Indiana by storm. That’s the Hobart Wrestlers. Coming off an impressive season, the Bricks are looking to improve their season this year. With State champion Brendan Black (138 Champion) graduating, the Bricks had to step up to the plate and get to work. Not only did they have a state champion, they had two state placers, and one other wrestler who made it down as well. Those three are now seniors, Tylor Triana (placed 3rd), Zack Fattore (Placed 4th), and Dante Colza. The veterans are very eager to make it back down the Bank let me tell you. Here’s a preview.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tylor Triana: weight 120

What is your main goal for this wrestling season?
My goal is to win State

What have you enjoyed most about wrestling for Hobart?
It has created opportunities to further my wrestling career in college

What motivates you to make it back down to Bankers Life Fieldhouse?
My family is my biggest motivator and to be down there was such a privilege nobody has words to describe the feeling of being down there.

What meet are you looking towards the most this season?
Definitely looking forward to state but for regular season Mishawaka because it is a good test for the postseason.

You win your final match in your high school career and you’re a state champ, what will be the first thing you do?
The first thing I would do is run up to my family to celebrate.

Zack Fattore: weight 170

My main goal this season is to be better on the mat than anyone has ever expected me. At the state finals, I want to pin and tech fall everyone.

I have enjoyed great partners and coaches. Without the support, I wouldn’t have had a lot of the opportunities that have come my way. I have been pushed in the room every year and have grown a lot.

I feel as if I need a point to make clear: Zack Fattore is the best wrestler to come out of Indiana. Even though my first three years of high school have been filled with tribulations that have prevented me from succeeding, I am given a chance to display my true self on the mat this year. I will tech my way through the state finals, something that many deem impossible.

I am looking forward to the last meet: the state finals. Every year I feel as if I was the top in the state. This year, I finally get to prove high school, and I will do it in utter domination.

I will give thanks to my supporters over the years – those who have had faith in me reaching such a pinnacle moment. Especially, I will give glory to God, for He has set up the journey I have taken. But when I finally step back off the mat, I will move on and form a vision for new challenges in my life. Winning the state championship is not an end result – it is only the beginning.

Dante Colza: weight 160

My main goal this season is to be the most exciting and unpredictable wrestler out on the mat. I want to show everyone my tricks and creativity while developing as a competitor.

Creating my legacy, allowing myself to be remembered and influence the kids that look up to me.

I ended my jr season poorly. I lost Friday night when I truly should’ve been top 4 in the state. This year It will be much different. I will not be star struck and I will be able to enjoy it more and compete much better.

I will treat every match as if it’s my last. Therefore I am taking It one step a time ultimately looking forward to STATE.

Man, that is a dream that I’ve been dreaming for years, I would honestly probably run and jump into my dad’s arms and just hug him and cherish the moment. Tears would be no surprise either. Then I’d probably hug my dude Zack Fattore after he wins his state title.