Black Panther : Love it or Leave it

Alaiya Melton, Contributor

Thursday evening, I saw an early release for the Marvel movie, Black Panther. The movie is about a man from the country of Wakanda, a region in Africa. The plot centers around T’Challa’s (Chadwick Boseman) fight to save his throne in Wakanda from his evil cousin Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan).

Black Panther is a movie that needs to be seen. The plot is based on T’Challa and his surrounding kingdom, when an intruder that goes by the name Killmonger reveals that he is his cousin and wants the throne. Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) does a fantastic job in his portrayal of this villain. The casting that was done for this movie was superb and could not be topped.

The special effects in the movie are some of the best that I’ve seen. The costumes and decor that were created for the movie are extremely intricate and detail-oriented. The music that is in the movie is elegantly composed and it offers an experience like no other.  Throughout the movie, the action never ceases. It is jam-packed with fight scenes and adventure. A scene that has specifically stood out is the scene where Killmonger is preparing for death. He recites a line that struck a chord with the majority of America, as it has gone viral on the internet.

Marvel’s Black Panther is an exceptional movie that incorporates the beauty of African Culture. The location sites in the movie are breathtakingly gorgeous. The director, Ryan Coogler, has had great success in this movie– as its amassed more than $400 million in box office. Black Panther is rated PG-13, so it is suitable for children to watch– with the parents permission. It ends with a twist that you don’t expect, so I highly recommend that you go out and see it! My final rating of the movie is a definite 5 out of 5!

Image result for black panther