SERVICE IS “KEY!”

Mrs. Polizotto the head teacher of the Key Club

Key Club is a community service club that is dedicated to bettering the community and is offered at Hobart High School. Hobart High School has offered Key Club for over 20 years. For the past two years, Key Club has had a total of 60 students within the club. When asking the club members what activities does their club normally attend, they said they volunteer at the Kiwanis peanuts sale, food pantry on packing days, spring fest, special needs prom, humane society, and they also hold many drives for Riley’s Hospital. Another drive Key Club completes is collecting peanut butter and jelly and food for the kids in need at the Early Learning Center. Key Club completes 10-20 service projects a year. The club meets every Wednesday after school. If you happen to be an officer and or on the board for Key Club, you also attend the Monday before school meetings.

When asking Audree VAnn, member of the Key Club for 3 years,  what she enjoyed most about Key Club, she responded, “I enjoy seeing the members in the club and the relationship we all have, I also enjoy helping out the community.” Key Club’s overall goal as one is to complete as many service projects as possible and to help out the community along with people in need. Key Club is not an everyday thing and does not take a lot of commitment, so if you happen to have free time join Key Club. Joining Key Club would also look good to add when filling out college applications. If you enjoy helping out others and are looking for community service hours, Key Club is a good club to involved with and I highly recommend it!

Elena Polizotto (left) Liesl Martin (right) Both members of the 2018-1019 Key Club